Apply through the Graduate School Applications website.
- Minimum GPA Required: 3.0
- Undergraduate Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement (In this document students should summarize their academic history, career goals, personal background, reasons for applying to the Pan African Studies graduate program and state the name(s) and research interests of department faculty members which aligns with theirs specific academic focus and research plans).
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- GRE Examination: Highly recommended, but not required
- Writing Sample: 10-12 pages (Any research paper that the student received an "A" grade centering around African American/ Black/Pan African Studies, Ethnic/Multicultural Studies, Cultural Studies, or Gender/Feminist topics).
(a). TOEFL exam is required; scores must exceed 600 (paper), 250 (computer), or 100 (internet).
(b). Exemption from TOEFL exam: Citizens of countries where English is the first language
(c). Submission of undergraduate transcript required. All submitted undergraduate transcript should be based on the USA 4.0 ranking system.
Please complete the following steps if your transcript needs to be converted:
STEP 1: Contact ECE, Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 USA
Telephone: (414) 289-3400
STEP 2: Request a course-by-course evaluation and pay required fee.
STEP 3: Instruct the Credential Service to mail an official report directly to:
Graduate Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 35060
Syracuse New York 13235-5060