- Minimum GPA Required: 3.0
- Undergraduate Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement (In this document students should summarize their academic history, career goals, personal background, reasons for applying to the Pan African Studies graduate program and state the name(s) and research interests of department faculty members which aligns with theirs specific academic focus and research plans).
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- GRE Examination: Highly recommended, but not required
- Writing Sample: 10-12 pages (Any research paper that the student received an "A" grade centering around African American/ Black/Pan African Studies, Ethnic/Multicultural Studies, Cultural Studies, or Gender/Feminist topics).